R. Kelly Pens 30 New Chapters For 'Trapped In The Closet' Series


R. Kelly sent die-hard fans into a tizzy in December when he casually announced plans to add 32 more chapters to his well-known "Trapped in the Closet" series, and the R&B singer is following through on his word. Kells tell MTV News that he's penned 30 chapters in the past month alone.
"I'm so glad to know there are a lot of fans still waiting to find out what the package is, and I'm coming, you guys," the singer said, revealing that he's been actively working on the new installations. "In four weeks, I just did 30 chapters of "Trapped in the Closet" and I'm proud of it; I'm very excited about it because it took on a life of its own. It took me over."
Kells compared penning the series to walking a large dog that has the strength to pull you in any direction it pleases. "This is what 'Trapped in the Closet' is doing for me right now, it's kind of pulling me. It has pulled me, and there are a lot of cliff hangers, a lot of different chapters, and other characters that have created themselves in the story. It's very very off the damn chain."
In March, R. Kelly revealed that he would also add a set of 22 new videos to accompany the series, which he would debut on IFC later this year. That deal is still in place, but plans are still in the early stages. "[We're] talking to management and publicity and basically trying to make out the schedule of when we're gonna shoot it, because I just wrapped up [a few] days ago," he confirmed.
"Trapped in the Closet," the first five chapters of which debuted on R. Kelly's 2005 album TP.3 Reloaded, narrates a one-night stand that eventually weaves into a soap-opera tale of deception and romance.
What do you think will happen in R. Kelly's new "Trapped in the Closet" episodes? Tell us in the comments

Comments