What do you do when your husband rape you?


This is a story I came across and just have to share on there.
A 33 year old woman, who as been married for a year and a half, mother of 3 who just delivered her last baby 7 weeks ago.

  I think my husband just raped me. 

 My husband and I don't have the greatest relationship. We're broke, I'm a SAHM (with a nursing degree), our communication skills are lacking and there's very little affection (mostly due to me). The other night, hubby decided that even though it hadn't been 6 weeks since I had delivered our son, he wanted to have sex. I told him that I wasn't ready, for a multitude of reasons that I didn't go in to, but most importantly, I told him "no " numerous times. I rolled over, pushed his hands away, even tried to get out of bed. He forced himself on me and even hurt me because there was no lubricant. I must admit that although he's my husband, I feel violated, disrespected and traumatized. I'm not sure how to handle this. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Comments

  1. What she described is rape. Whether he is her husband or not, no one has the right to force sex on a woman or touch her body without her permission. I would suggest talking to a counsellor about how to deal with her emotions from this. Also, if she want, she can also consider speaking to the police and pressing charges against him. Even if she opt not to press charges, they can guide her to some great services to help her through this. She also should consider whether she want to continue a marriage with someone who would violate her that way. If she do want to continue the marriage, please she should seek counselling together. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just to add,she had 3 children in a very very short period of time. She could have been impregnated again with this or with another attack. She need to let her body rest and if he doesn't recognize that, good man or no (and i personally think NO F'NG WAY), he's an idiot if nothing else. Certainly not someone who should be responsible for 3 children and a wife.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment