Notorious Arm Robber "Godogodo" Caught By Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS)


Abiodun Ogunjobi aka"Abbey Godogodo has been terrorizing the South-West for over a decade was caught on Thursday by operatives of the Special Anti-Robbery Squad, (SARS), Lagos who ambushed him in his home at Egbeda area of Ibadan, Oyo state for three weeks before they finally got him, recovering two Ak47 rifles and 10 fully-loaded magazines.
   He was behind the July 7, 2013, gruesome murder of seven persons at O4 Hotel, in Ajah area of Lagos where his gang also killed the owner of the hotel, one Olanrewaju Subair.They also went on to the kill two other security guards at a popular hotel, along Apapa Road, Ebute-Meta area of the state on the same day.   
When caught, he made this shocking confession 


  “ I started robbery in 1996 and in 1999 I was charged for fighting and I spent more than seven years in prison. My prolonged stay in prison for minor crime of fighting hardened me and I vowed to pay back the police for that injustice. After I was released I went to Katanguar, in Iyana-Ipaja area of Lagos to meet my friend Odun, who was arrested by the police recently at O4 Hotel in Ajah.
  “Odun was an armed robber then and we started operating. We worked with several other gangs and I invested loots of my money in arms buying. I also built five houses in Ifo, Ilaro, Ikorodu and Ibadan. I usually kill policemen and take their rifles because policemen have killed several of my boys and taken most of my rifles from them.”
  “I have no regrets for all I have done,, I have no advice for young people who want to become armed robbers like me. I have three children from three women. The police should take all my property,” the suspect said.

Comments